Our mission is to enhance and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Division of Oncology and increase multidisciplinary collaboration to foster health disparities research in oncology. We provide guidance, support, and resources to ensure all are included and have equal opportunities for success in our Division.
We will do this by
- Enhancing and creating discussions on current health disparities research in oncology
- Fostering a safe and inclusive training environment for all
- Working with leadership to recruit and retain underrepresented in medicine (UriM) trainees and faculty in Oncology
- Working with IDEAS, MEDA, and other programs for providing mentorship opportunities for supporting UriM in Oncology
- Building a community of resources for Oncology faculty/staff
Promoting Diversity in Division of Oncology
Please contact us if you need guidance or help with any issues.
- Foluso Olabisi (Bisi) Ademuyiwa, MD (email@example.com)
- Jessica Silva-Fisher, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monthly HDO group seminars
- Friday happy hour-location, etc
- IDEAS/MEDA events
- Due dates for internal programs-i.e T32 Tim Ley, T32 Cancer Bio, etc
- Oncology meetings
We are happy to be collaborating with the Mentorship to Enhance Diversity in Academia (MEDA) and Siteman Cancer Center to provide mentorship to our trainees and faculty. If you would like to connect with a mentor or become a mentor please contact Jen Mosher email@example.com.
We also collaborate with the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Allyship & Social Justice (IDEAS) at Department of Medicine (DOM) to provide mentorship and guidance through FWIM, OUTMED, and Residency initiative.
We are excited you are considering becoming a part of our wonderful group. Please visit our resources to learn more about what we provide and the support that will be available.
Trainee Programs you may apply to.
- Graduate students
- Postbac program
- K awards
- Clinical rotating/shadowing opportunities in Medical Oncology
- Contact: Cheryl Brauch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Allyship & Social Justice (IDEAS) at Department of Medicine (DOM)
- Mentorship to Enhance Diversity in Academia (META) Program
- GWIMS toolkits and Webinars
- Gender Equity and Title IX Compliance at WashU
- WUSTL Discrimination and Harassment